Simple Home Projects
Though we don’t really have seasons here on the Central Coast (c’mon rain!!!) winter and cooler weather can still put us in a bit of a funk and make us not want to do much of anything. I get it. Some days all I want to do is sit by the fire and watch movies with homemade popcorn.
However, if you are anything like me then crossing simple tasks off of your to-do list can make you feel SO MUCH BETTER. Of all the things on our to-do lists, house projects and home tasks always get pushed to the bottom, am I right? Fortunately, there are plenty of easy, quick home repair chores you can do and though you may not want to put in the work now, by sucking it up and doing it, your future self will thank you.
Pro Tip: For maximum efficiency, make a to-do list ahead of time and shop for all the tools and supplies in one trip. Then on days you have set aside to do the work, put the basics in a caddy and carry it from room to room, checking off completed tasks as you speed through them.
Here’s a list of quick home projects you can do!
When was the last time you did any of these? Here is your sign to get them done!
- Fix that loose towel rack and TP holder
- WD40 those squeaky door hinges
- Got creaky floorboards? Anti-squeak them!
- Remove rust from shutoff valves
- Touch up the bathroom ceiling and repair blistered paint
- Fix loose handles and hinges on doors throughout your home
- Has your smoke detector been beeping? Replace the batteries!
- Test GFCI Outlets to make sure they are all in working order
- Clean exhaust filter on your range
- Clean out the dryer vent
- Drain hoses from you dishwasher, clothes washer and ice maker. Make sure there are no cracks and that everything is in working order!
- Check electrical cords for brittleness and breakage. Replace if necessary.
Did this list help? What is something that you need to get done that you have just been putting off?
List found at HouseLogic